User experience (UX) design focuses on enhancing user satisfaction by improving how we interact with the websites, applications and devices. Simply put, user experience makes complex things easy to use. While the term UX is relatively new, the concept of user-friendly design has been around since the 1990s and is becoming more important with the rapid proliferation of mobile devices in our lives.
UX design includes a variety of disciplines such as visual design, information architecture (the way in which information is ordered and organised throughout the product) and more abstract tasks such as interaction design (designing the way users interact with the product). However, rather than focusing on the components of a user’s experience, we want to explore how investing in that experience can benefit your online business.
The Benefits of User Friendly Design
• Create the Right Products
– Creating a website is a part of every modern business these days. Websites are an effective way for businesses to communicate with customers as they provide easy access to information about the products and services offered. In addition to this, they allow businesses the opportunity to be open for business 24/7. However, there is immense competition and customers have become more accustomed to businesses catering to their needs, businesses have found that just creating a website is not enough.
In the present digital era, giving the best user experience to your customers is essential. UX design from the beginning of your project can help confirm that you are designing the right product or service for your customers. However, this needs conducting user research which helps you gain insights on how your product, website or mobile app should be designed so that you can provide customers what they really want. Additionally, user interviews at the beginning of the project are an ideal way to develop an understanding of what users need.
• Saves Time and Money
– The main advantage of using UX design is that it is substantially less costly to address and solve issues with usability during the designing phase rather than to get them fixed later. The UX design process includes developing an understanding of the right features and appropriately putting them together to create a right product. This process involves refining the design by testing and adapting to the results. This will help your business avoid making changes later on which would be expensive. Another way it saves money and time is that UX design process gets feedback early from the target audience so that you can refine the designs and avoid making costly errors. Which also means that every dollar invested in improving the usability of your user interface during the designing phase will result in substantial cost savings over time.
• Increase Conversion Rates
– CIn this competitive environment, businesses are constantly striving to find ways to either distance themselves from their competition or catch up with them. User experience design is a powerful tool that can be used to achieve this and it can have a big impact on the bottom line by being able to improve your conversion rates. For this, the businesses need to create a winning homepage. Your website’s homepage is the place where most of the visitors land, so you should include the main messages here that you want your viewers to understand, secondly it should be uncluttered i.e. does not include too much content, every other page on your website should be connected with the homepage and your logo should be linked to homepage as well. However, for all this, you will need user research data that will give you real insights for improving the conversion rates. With this data, you can find out where users are dropping out, frustrated and where they have trouble understanding your offerings.
• Drive Customer Loyalty
– User adoption is critical as projects fail without happy customers. Customers who have has a positive user experience are going to be more likely to stick with your products or services and become brand advocates. These customers have a higher affinity to make repeat purchases, renew their memberships and become preacher for your products. On the other hand, if a customer has had a bad user experience it can hurt your brand and force them to look for alternatives in the market. So, having a user experience design is an essential component in this competitive environment.
– The above-mentioned are few of the benefits of UX design and almost every business with a web presence can benefit from getting a UX designer on board to make their offerings better, satisfying and memorable. The products, services and information updated on the website play a great role for an ideal user experience for the customers. Applying an effective user experience design helps online businesses to get more customers and decrease the training cost.